In the event of a child leaving Family Day Care home without the FDC Educator’s knowledge
- Search home, surrounding and neighbouring properties.
- Ask questions of any other adults and children present. If child is still unable to be found contact
- Contact co-ordination unit who will send out a staff member to support FDC educator.
- Parents of other children in care to be contacted and asked to pick their own children as soon as possible.
- Should record details in the incident report book and copy of this should be given to the co-ordination unit for their records.
Approved provider/nominated supervisor/supervisor will:
- Follow required procedure of documenting and investigating the incident
- A notification of this incident must be made to the regulatory authority within 24 hours of the incidents
NEXT REVIEW DATE
Policy created for First Idea Family Day Care Services, inclusive of changes to the National Quality Standards and Education and Care National Regulations