- It is recommended that all children are immunised in accordance with the Immunisation schedule of the Department of Health and Human Services.
- At our service, we have implemented the practices in accordance with the No Jab No Play, and No Jab No Pay legislation.
- The child’s Immunisation status will be recorded on the enrollment form.
- FDC Educators are encouraged to have Immunisation that minimises the risk of exposure to preventable diseases.
- FDC educator will notify the parents/guardians or authorised nominees and the Co-ordination unit will be notified if a child in their care contacts an infectious disease.
- If a child is unimmunised as per the requirements in case of an outbreak of an infectious disease he/she will be excluded from care for the protection of themselves and other children attending the service (for exclusion period we would follow the DHHS table). This information would be included in the child’s enrollment form.
NEXT REVIEW DATE
Policy created for First Idea Family Day Care Services, inclusive of changes to the National Quality Standards and Education and Care National Regulations