To provide clear guidelines to the prospective educator assistant to understand the process of recruitment to become a FDC educator assistant under FIRST IDEA FAMILY DAY CARE SERVICES, SERVICES
These guidelines will apply to the Approved provider, nominated supervisor, educational leader, supervisors, educators, staff, students on placement, volunteers, parents/guardian, children and others attending the service.
To give clear understanding to the applicants or to be educator assistants about our selection method
To give them a clear idea about the requirements to be an educator assistant with FIRST IDEA FAMILY DAY CARE SERVICES,
Guidelines to follow
- To be educator assistants, the applicants must hold WWCC employment, Police clearance.
- Fit to work form from the doctor
- Valid current First aid qualification, Asthma and Anaphylaxis qualification
- Application form to become an educator assistant
- Written approval from the parents accepting the applicant as the Educator assistant
- All the required documents must be kept in the educator’s record
- Circumstances to use assistants
- To transport children between your residence or venue, to a school, another education and care service or children’s service, or a child’s home
- In emergency situations, including when the FDC Educator require urgent medical care treatment
- To enable the FDC Educator to attend an appointment (other than a regular appointment) in unforeseen or exceptional circumstances, if the absence is less than 4 hours, with the approval from the Nominated supervisor in writing, and this notice must be given to the parents/guardians of the child.
- The assistants may also assist the educator while the educator is educating and caring for children as part of the FDC service
- Parents must provide written consent for the educator assistant to assist the educator in the above-mentioned ways, and the educator must give these consents to the co-ordination unit before stating to assist the educator.
NEXT REVIEW DATE
Policy created for First Idea Family Day Care Services, inclusive of changes to the National Quality Standards and Education and Care National Regulations