Encourage and support the principles of healthy eating i.e fresh fruit and vegetables, for all children
- Water /plain milk will be encouraged as the main drinks and will be accessible at all times
- Sweet drinks like cordial, soft drinks and flavoured mineral water are discouraged
- Victorian Department of Human Services has clearly highlighted the importance of limiting sweet drinks for children.
- All children will be encouraged to brush their teeth after meals: it is recommended that children brush their teeth at least twice a day.
- Never add sweet substances to dummies.
Encouraging regular active safe play under adult supervision
Providing information to parents and educators regarding the importance of regular dental check-ups
|POLICY REVIEWED||July 2019||NEXT REVIEW DATE||July 2020|
|MODIFICATIONS||Policy created for First Idea Family Day Care Services, inclusive of changes to the National Quality Standards and Education and Care National Regulations|